Feature Ideas and Known Issues
Interested in contributing? Become a developer.
- Include NVIDIA and ATI extensions.
- Include platform specific extensions, e.g., WGL extensions, using GL.getPlatformGLExtensions.
- Add a build script.
- Replace JTextArea with JEditorPane to allow for different colors inside the applet.
- Include minimum values for implementation dependent state?
- Add a button to upload the report to an extensions database. Also provide public access to this database.
- Add a tab that presents the report with a tree or some type of menus for easy browsing.
- The web page itself could use a makeover.
- Create a WebGL version?
- Add links
- It would be useful if each extension listed in the report was a link to the extension in the OpenGL Registry.
- Link to email the report.
- It would be really cool if we could detect the drivers are out of date, and provide a link to download the latest.
- Since the applet runs in a sandbox, it can only connect to the server that hosts it. So there are two options for implementing the above:
- Have all links inside the applet go through the server, which then redirects to the actual site.
- Have the JOGL applet create a XML file with the contents of the report, and send this to the server, which returns a nicely formatted html page with links.
Back to the main developer page.
- Sometimes the applet comes up black, and the page needs to be refreshed for the applet to show up. Oddly, the Java Console doesn't show any exceptions.
- Since we are using the old JOGL jars signed by Sun, OpenGL versions greater than 3 are not reported.
- Some values under GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object come up zero on NVIDIA cards. This does not happen when the applet is ran outside of a browser with newer JOGL jars.
- The right click menu items to copy to the clipboard do not work in Safari because javax.jnlp.ClipboardService can't be created. Ctrl-A, followed by Ctrl-C still works though.
- The applet does not load when gDEBugger is installed.